PLAY ... Laugh ... GIGGLE ...

February 13, 2011

Fifth Disease!

So yesterday I went in to get Teagan out of his bed and he had this horrific rash all over his face. He looked like he was sunburned. I picked him up and looked at the rest of his body and noticed that he was covered in the rash from head to toe. The night before he had been up for several hours and I had given him Tylenol, because I thought it was his teeth. Come to find out he probably couldn't sleep, because he had this horrible rash. Teagan has been on an antibiotic for an ear infection. I thought he was having an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin. So what do I do... I do what I always do when I need to know something. I call my mom and after talking to her, I decide to take him to the instacare. Which, by the way was packed with sick people. After waiting for an hour we were finally seen. The doctor diagnosed him with fifths disease, which is a virus. Nothing they can do for him. The doc told me to give him some benadryl and Tylenol. His rash will go away in about 5 days. I just feel so bad for him. He is so sad. He just lays on my shoulder. He doesn't want to eat, or play. I am just hoping he will start to feel better, because we are on our way to Disneyland in four days.